Thursday, September 16, 2010

Flowers and S'mores


It's like a beautiful flower garden at The People's Cake! Chef Kaysie and the fabulous interns are busy making sugar paste peonies, hydrangea and tulips for the upcoming show cake to be featured at Urban Unveiled, a bridal show in Seattle. Check out some photos. Up top are the peonies.


I was going to upload some hydrangea step-by-step photos, but the photos aren't good. Bad lighting and not-so-great focus. My fault. I'll try again next week. However, above we have intern Alyssa working hard on a ton of hydrangea.

As mentioned, we had no weddings last week. Chef Kaysie took the weekend off to go camping. And the best part of camping would be the s'mores. There's nothing better than a s'more. Except s'more cupcakes! Yes. Graham cracker cupcakes filled with chocolate ganache and topped with bruleed marshmellow-like topping. Amazing. You don't know it, but you really wish you could have had one of these bad boys.

This week, we've got one exciting zebra wedding cake. Woohoo!

Viva la cake!

1 comment:

  1. Kaysie,
    I want you to make those cupcakes at christmas.
    Sincerely,
    You Little Sister

    ReplyDelete