Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Birthday Cake and Cinnamon Rolls



We had one birthday cake this past weekend. It's a red, black and white version of our popular Kylie cake. It was three tiers of red velvet awesomeness.

We also made a batch of cinnamon rolls for our rowing crew. Did you know that Chef Kaysie rows? She's pretty good, too. Here's a picture of me rolling the cinnamon rolls. Don't worry. I just got to roll them. I was not involved in the actual dough preparation.

I guess I should introduce myself. Hi, I'm ReneƩ, The People's Cake public relations manager. I don't bake. Trust me, that's a good thing. I do, however, get to taste test any new flavors that Chef Kaysie creates. My job rocks.

We've got a crazy, crazy weekend ahead of us. It's 10/10/10. Three wedding cakes and a groom's cake. Woohoo!

Anybody remember what next week is? Specifically, next Thursday? That's right, kids! It's Urban Unveiled! www.urbanunveiled.com Get tickets. Come see us. We'll have amazing cakes to look at and yummy cake to eat.

Be on your toes because next week's new blog might be on Tuesday. My birthday is on Wednesday. Yay!

Viva la cake!

2 comments:

  1. Worst wedding cake ever and the worst part was that it was MY wedding cake. Don't be fooled by the fact that she can sketch a cake - it didn't look anything like it (cheap) and the fondant (sp?) was too thick and the cake was dry. Funny that she was MIA after the wedding - didn't respond to calls, emails, or snail mail. Overpriced for what you get.

    ReplyDelete